Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

Both of these tags have no wiki info, so their purpose is unclear. Times used:

I think of "text-align" as a CSS property, but I also think it would be excessive to have a tag for each one.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Martijn Pieters, nicael, gnat, Shadow Wizard, CRABOLO Oct 8 '14 at 23:33

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question pertains only to a specific site in the Stack Exchange Network. Questions on Meta Stack Exchange should pertain to our network or software that drives it as a whole, within the guidelines defined in the help center. You should ask this question on the meta site where your concern originated." – Martijn Pieters, nicael, gnat, Shadow Wizard, CRABOLO
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

They are synonyms of each other - the text-align property is used for text alignment - and you're right, they don't need separate tags, but I'm confused why that makes them ambiguous. Can "text alignment" mean something else? – animuson Dec 22 '12 at 21:50
Disambiguation in two easy steps: 1) Retag all questions in both that relate to CSS and HTML to css-text-align. 2) Retag all of the rest into text-alignment, if it's deemed worth of existing. – Charles Dec 23 '12 at 2:51
I think this two are equal in meaning. – Rais Alam Dec 23 '12 at 9:44