Please read before posting as duplicate.This is not the first time someone asks about this but I judge this
Feature-Request didn't get all the attention it should have. Also all the other questions I read about this didn't explain anything.
I've just read this post How should I handle questions which are answered in the comments? and since it's a situation that comes up often, why isn't there a way to simply make this comment become an answer ?
I'm not talking about a way to accept a comment in the comment section that's not the point of this section. But why not add an option to the comments like
Convert this comment to answer or
Move to the answer section. This would automatically format the comment into an answer and the comment's owner would be notified that a his comment was changed to an answer. He could of course accept or refuse.He could even maybe get linked to a page to automatically edit the answer (page that looks like the pending edits page) I'm proposing this for a few things.
- If the user posting the comment does not want to come back and put his comment into an answer, the best answer could be in the comments section.
- I've seen a few posts that were answered only in the comment section which is going against StackExchange Q/A format in my opinion.
- I know users will say "The tool already existsts it's called Copy/Paste" and i'm don't approove this approach either. The user who posted the comment is the one who came up with the answer and is therefore the one who should be awarded the answer.
- If the user with the comment didn't get the chance to come back and formulate is comment as an answer, what is the right delay for the op to take his answer and answer it himself ?
- Maybe I'm not seeing it the right way but I don't think comment that looks like and answer should be permitted in the comment section. For me it's Exactly the same as a comment posted in the answer section. There are two specific sections and that's what they were made for.
I know this question came up before but I don't understand why this is still unhandled because I consider it as a flaw. Another simple solution could be to simply
Tag comment as answer to seek modertor attention so he could switch it. When I browse StackOverflow or any StackExchange sites I usually don't bother reading the
All the comments and I skip directly to the answer section, it bugs me to know that a better answer can be provided as a comment.