What about lowering the edit character limit for characters in code snippets?
I'd like to change the answer of user Yuan in this question because the second item in his list is simply incorrect (a
const char * pis a non-constant pointer to const data). However, when I try to do this, I get a complaint about my answer not having 6 characters. Can someone sufficiently highly esteemed in this site please make this correction?
(To be honest, I think this is annoying. This is a site about programming related questions, where one character can make the difference between a correct statement and one which is plain wrong. It should be possible to correct something like this without imposing the fuss I'm now in onto the user who volunteers to do this:
- think of a different way to correct this, using more than 6 characters: plain stupid, I refuse to do this
- ask at meta to find some kind soul who has the power to do the simple correction: no account on meta.
- create account on meta: password forgotten.
- request password using email address: email adress not known.
- create new account: email adress already in use (excuse me?)
- sign in using google id.
All this to get a wrong statement fixed which would be a task of five secs in case it were just allowed. Yes I know next time I'll be able to log in faster to meta, but next time, my apologies for this, I will refuse to beg in order to be able to spent time for an improvement for this site. If you really want people to help on improving and if you want me in, don't make it such a pain).