A question on Stackoverflow contains PHP code (probably a wordpress plugin) that has classic SQL injection vulnerabilities. About half a dozen of answers copy&paste the code and fix the issue that caused the code not to work, without mentioning the SQL injection issue. If people later come upon the question and answers and decide to take it as an example, we will have even more insecure software around.
So, what is the correct way to handle it?
- put in an answer that warns about the issue?
- put in a comment that warns about the issue?
- flag the question?
- downvote the question?
- edit the question to include a warning?
- flag each answer that copy&pasted the code?
- comment on each answer that copy&pasted the code?
- downvote each answer that copy&pasted the code?
My main problem is that comments warning about the issue will not be easily noticed by visitors.