Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

After doing a search of the Stack Exchange sites, I couldn't find one for Engineers (Mechanical/Civil) using modeling software like SolidWorks. I believe that this would be a very valuable site for a very large community.

If one exists, please direct me there. Otherwise, please consider creating a new site for this expert audience.

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

Nice, a fellow SW user :)

It's probably OK for Super User, their FAQ mentions "Computer Software"; however you're unlikely to get an answer there because there are few SolidWorks users on Super User.

There also is a beta Engineering Stack Exchange site. The site is relatively new, but there is a SolidWorks tag.

share|improve this answer

The graphic design SE seems to have a SW tag:

But the SW forums are probably the best place:

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .