What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 134 Stack Exchange communities.

After doing a search of the Stack Exchange sites, I couldn't find one for Engineers (Mechanical/Civil) using modeling software like SolidWorks. I believe that this would be a very valuable site for a very large community.

If one exists, please direct me there. Otherwise, please consider creating a new site for this expert audience.

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Nice, a fellow SW user :)

It's probably OK for SuperUser, their FAQ mentions "Computer Software". Though I'm not sure if you'll get an answer there.

There also is a Mechanical Engineering proposal, you may want to consider supporting it. But it doesn't seem to support software qs yet, though you may want to clarify that by asking a question here.

share|improve this answer
An updated link to the proposal: area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/60942 –  Nitay Mar 13 at 8:31

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .