(Going based on this post suggesting separate threads per instance of ambiguous/multiple-meaning tags).
Questions related to the Brackets code editor seem to use one of two different tags: brackets or adobe-brackets. The "brackets" tag's description is all about Brackets, the editor, but most questions tagged brackets are actually about the programming punctuation character. So "adobe-brackets" seems like a more correct choice -- except that the maintainers usually ask people to omit "Adobe" from the name.
Here's my proposal:
- Rename adobe-brackets to brackets-editor (is tag renaming possible?)
- For anything tagged brackets that's actually about Brackets, remove that tag and replace with brackets-editor
- Change the description of brackets to refer to the programming punctuation
So, my questions:
- Is that the best way to clean this up?
- Being relatively new here... how would I go about doing so? Do I just make a series of proposed edits and hope they're all consistently approved by the peer reviewers?