Could this be fixed?
What is meta?
- Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
- The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
- Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates
So, there where two issues here.
1) Someone (who I will not name for the sake of all involved) ... may have not chkconfig on'd the named service when he/she/it rebuilt the NY DNS servers to upgrade them to CentOS 6.x
This caused two of our 4 DNS servers to not respond to any requests when they where rebooted for patches yesterday night. We should have been alerted to that, but it appears we weren't which I will have to look into.
2) At some point the s.tk config was removed from our slave config in mercurial. I will have to go through the file history to see who to properly blame for that.
At this point I have corrected both of these issues and all should be well in the world again.