The fact that SO is oriented around questions is a given, but some problems are just not fit to be questions for a variety of reasons:
- They may be too localized (system specific etc)
- The may be unbelievably silly/easy
- The OP may not know exactly where the problem is and may be in the process of closing in to it.
- They may require additional information that the OP does not know he has to post in order to get an answer at the time he posts.
- They may be extremely quick (syntax related etc)
Still (I personally, and I feel many users like me) need answers on those types of questions too.
There are people in chat that are extremely helpful, and I feel they should be somehow rewarded for that.
Also, people must be motivated to form their questions in a Q&A form.
So what I'd really like to see is the asker to reward the answerer with one or two of his own reputation points.
That way askers are not going there unless they have no other way, and we can give something more than just a thank you to the people in chat that helped us.