The first thing I saw when logging into chat was that this message had 14 flags.
I thought after 8 flags, a message was deleted and the owner suspended.
Edit: Maybe my assumptions about the chat system are wrong.
Here is what seems to be the case in my experience.
- When a user flags a message, it appears as a notification for all 10K users.
- When another user flags, or a 10K user validates, the flag count is incremented.
- When a 10K user invalidates, the flag count is decremented.
- If the flag count reaches 0, the flags are removed and the notification disappears.
- If the flag count reaches 8, the message is removed, and the owner suspended.
I can't recall anything that ever showed these to be false. Do I have some of them wrong? Is this the source of the confusion?