A user asked this question and I spent quite some time to help him.
In the course of understanding the issue, I uncovered the underlying issue, which seems like a bug in Excel 2007/VBA - for which I unfortunately do not know a solution/workaround. In addition, I also found a related problem that did not occur directly at the inquirer but only subsequent when we looked into the issue.
So my question is: what is the better approach here:
- Significantly editing the original question - boiling down his code to the 4 main lines - and adding the other issue as well, or
- Add a new, "clean" question that only shows the two items (but refers to the other question)
I did the latter here, but not sure what's better...