Now that this is live, we're especially interested in examples of things you'd like to close as dupe but can't now.
(Quoting David Fullerton♦)
With that said, this is still experimental -- if it's breaking the site we can always remove the requirement for an answer.
- Recent changes to close as duplicate part deux and part un for information about the change (principally, you can only close as duplicate of something with an answer).
- We should be able to close questions as duplicates of any question where you can discuss whether the change is a good thing, and look at shog's list of old close-as-duplicates for inspiration.
Here I'd like to know about specific questions
- that you'd like to close as a duplicate today (and they're not already closed)
- but there are no answered duplicates,
- and the question shouldn't be closed for another reason (it's a real, constructive, on-topic question that's not too localized)
(If the best answer to close-as-duplicate to has no votes, please explain why it's not useful, i.e. why you shouldn't upvote it.)
Are there instances of this blowing up in the past? (Is there a network of copies of a never-answered real, constructive, on-topic question that's not too localized?) Please check carefully that there are no answers, because some answers means that you could close as a duplicate, or that you shouldn't close as duplicate (if the answer doesn't fit the other question).
This is how we can monitor any additional clutter generated by the new rule.
It's important that you give specific examples, rather than hypothetical ones - there's plenty of those in the linked questions. This is about evidence, not arguments please.