This only appears to occur on WordPress Answers SO.
When trying to ask a question or post an answer to a question, I get directed to human verification. Correctly answering the catpcha redirects me to the post I was answering/creating, with my answer/post discarded. Trying again puts me in the same loop.
Here: Human verification on all answers
I noticed the following:
This can happen if:
- You change IP between loading the page and hitting submit
Nope, didn't change IPs.
- You take a long time forming your question
Nope, very quickly.
- Your network connection is flaky
Have a pretty decent dsl package.
- You are going too fast (opening lots of pages very quickly)
I only have one tab open.
- The time between loading the page and hitting submit is very short
Thought this might be the culprit, but also tried leaving the page open (and manually typing out a bunch of text).
- Someone sharing your IP is doing something suspicious (school or work networks)
Home network, only me.
- You aren't registered and are loading pages in a strange pattern
I'm registered, and just normally browsing.
Am I doing it wrong?