Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

I'm receiving the following error when trying to change a vote for an answer that used to be correct, but due to the passage of time is no longer correct:

You last voted on this answer
Mar 11 '12 at 18:47
Your vote is now locked in
unless this answer is edited

What is the proper way to change a vote for an answer that was correct and has now become incorrect?

share|improve this question
Note: I've read:… – Daniel X Moore Feb 18 '13 at 22:15

You simply can't.

Instead perhaps leave a comment alerting that the answer is no longer correct. After all, that might be more productive than a suddenly changed vote without a real explanation. The author of the answer has a chance to address your concern, and if he doesn't, there is at least a comment indicating that the answer might no longer be correct.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .