Why was this question deleted?
According to http://stackoverflow.com/faq#deletion
Why are some questions or answers removed?
Questions that are extremely off topic, or of very low quality, may be removed at the discretion of the community and moderators.
The specific question was on topic. It was definitely not high quality, but very low quality seems a bit harsh in this case.
In addition, according to http://meta.stackexchange.com/a/5222/209087
- You can typically delete your own posts at will; for exceptions, see "When can't I delete my own post?" below. To delete a post, just use the "delete" link below it.
- Moderators can delete any post.
- Users with reputation >= 10k (more precisely, the “moderator tools” privilege; 2k on beta sites) can vote to delete questions that have been [closed] for 48 hours. It takes three votes to delete; [more if the question is popular], but ten votes at most.
- Users with reputation >= 20k (more precisely, the “trusted user” privilege; 4k on beta sites) are not subject to the 48-hour waiting period for deleting closed questions. They may also delete answers of score -1 or lower. It takes three votes to delete.
- The system will automatically delete any post flagged six times as offensive or spam.
- The system will automatically delete unlocked, unanswered questions that have negative score after 30 days.
- The system will automatically delete unlocked, unanswered questions with score of zero (or one if the owner is deleted), fewer than 1.5 views per day on average, and fewer than two comments after a 365 days.
- The system will automatically delete any question (and its answers) or answer with a score less than 0 when its owner's account is deleted.
- The system will automatically delete questions migrated to other sites after 30 days.
In this case, only reasons 2, 4, and 5 are possible (although it was clearly not spam and I cannot see how it was offensive).
I am interested to know the reason and the process that it was deleted, and if there is anything that can be done to undelete it.
FULL DISCLOSURE: I lost 50 rep from the deletion (which is a big amount for a noob like me)