Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 157 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

Currently, when I need to add code formatting to my comments I click the "help" link and copy/paste the "`" character to format the code.

What is the key combination to insert this character?

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Martijn Pieters, Tim Post Mar 5 '13 at 20:14

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

What operating system do you use? What keyboard layout? This is really a though. – Martijn Pieters Mar 5 '13 at 20:04
On a standard U.S. keyboard, that key is to the left of "1" above the tab key. – Al E. Mar 5 '13 at 20:08
@AlEverett: Wow I am blind. Thanks. Do you want to add that as an answer so I can give you credit? – Shai Cohen Mar 5 '13 at 20:09
I can do that, sure. – Al E. Mar 5 '13 at 20:10
Not arguing, just want to understand. Why is this too localized? – Shai Cohen Mar 5 '13 at 20:16
Hi Shai, I closed this as it seems to be an oversight that isn't likely to repeat (based on your comment) Glad you got it sorted :) – Tim Post Mar 5 '13 at 20:18
@TimPost: Fair enough. Thanks for responding. Should I delete the question? – Shai Cohen Mar 5 '13 at 20:19
@ShaiCohen: You can't now that there is an answer with upvotes, I'm afraid. – Martijn Pieters Mar 5 '13 at 20:21
@ShaiCohen There's no reason to immediately delete it, content here is curated over time. At the time that I closed it, there was no accepted answer, the closure gave a clear indication to others viewing new questions that this particular question did not need any more attention. You didn't do anything wrong :) – Tim Post Mar 5 '13 at 20:27
up vote 3 down vote accepted

On a standard U.S. keyboard, that key is to the left of 1 above the Tab key.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .