This question already has an answer here:
- A better serial voting trap 1 answer
Is there any way to somehow address serial downvoting that seems explicitly targeted on me, but is done in a way that is careful enough to avoid serial-downvoting script detection (3 votes only)?
Yesterday, I have recieved 3 downvotes in the space of 1 minute.
-2 11:05 downvote Select a row where one column is min -2 11:05 downvote Perl system call without path to executable, except using PATH variable -2 11:04 downvote Perl - while (<>) file handling
Those 3 posts were:
- NOT recent themselves
- NOT posted in the similar timeframe (2/17/2013, 2/3/2013, 8/30/2012)
- None of the Qs or As were edited recently (the latest edit to any of the posts on any of those 3 was on the day they were posted/answered, no recent edits or activity)
- None of the answers on those 3 questions were downvoted other than mine
- No comments explaining the downvotes
- They didn't all 3 share tags (2 were Perl, one PHP with no Perl tag)
- They were clearly not obviously wrong
BUT... one thing that IS common among them is that they were all among the 25 latest answers I gave (#1, #4 and #21).
This sounds like someone was deliberately targeting answers made by my user by using this list.
Typically, I would just leave proving that something is serial down-voting in the hands of the all-knowing script, but I know that 3 votes aren't enough to trigger it even if it was the same user.
Frankly, I don't care about the rep hits (at ~50k, you stop sweating small stuff :) and they weren't among my rare beautiful cherished answers where I care about the vote counts... but I would definitely love it if whoever did this got a wrap on the knuckles even without reversing the votes (unless of course it was a rare statistically improbable fluctuation... and to quote Commissioner Gordon from Dark Knight Rising, "you are a detective now... you are not allowed to believe in coincidences).
Is this specific pattern enough to prove malicious intent?
Is there a way for moderators to verify if the 3 downvotes came from the same person? (and if so, refer the matter to SE who would have the means to track who it was so they get told to cut it out)?