One day, I was doing some searches on Stack Overflow and found that one of the posts in the search result does not actually exist (perhaps it is a deleted post?). I added more search terms and was able to reduce the search result to only one entry.
which contains only one result, which is an answer:
Preview Image while file uploading using "UPLOADIFY"
but when I click on it, there is no such answer.
- No such answer in the timeline of the question either.
- No such answer in the user's profile either.
- On the right hand side of the question, it says "active 1 month ago", but all the posts/comments were over a year ago.
- Same behaviour no matter if I am logged in to stackoverflow.com or not while doing the search.
- No results found when search by Google.
- Cannot find the post in the StackExchange Data Explorer (
SELECT * FROM Posts WHERE Id = 14525412).
However, I can find the question (
SELECT * FROM Posts WHERE Id = 7565637)
and the other answer (
SELECT * FROM Posts WHERE Id = 7869010).
- Bug discovered 4 days ago (2013-03-17). I kept retrying in the following few days until today (2013-03-21), and it happened everyday, so this bug is not temporary.
- Oh, I just found out that it happens even if I omit the "is:answer" search option.