Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

Suppose an edit to one of your posts (be it question or answer) was suggested but rejected while you were not active. After reviewing the edit yourself, you think it actually would improve your post. Is there a way to accept such an edit retrospectively such that also the original edit-author gets credit for it (i.e., is shown left to the author as the person who did the last edit)?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by animuson, kiamlaluno, random Mar 30 '13 at 1:39

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 1 down vote accepted

No. Once an edit is rejected it's rejected for good. At this point you have two options. You can either:

  • Make the edit yourself

This is probably what you'll end up doing most of the time although it gives no credit to the original user who suggested it.

  • You can try to get a hold of the user in chat and ask them to resubmit the edit.

Of course, this will only work if the user has a chat account (has visited chat at least once) and has visited in the last three days. Otherwise the user won't get your ping.

Technically you could try to contact that user in a comment, but I don't recommend that for this situation.

share|improve this answer

No, there isn't. Once the suggested edit is rejected from the necessary number of users, it is rejected.

What you can do, if you think the suggested edit was helpful, is editing your own post, and change it as that user done. The user doesn't get any reputation gain, if you do so, though.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .