Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 157 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

I just edited someone's question. He accepted/confirmed my edit. But now I realize that my edit is wrong. How can I undo this accepted edit?

share|improve this question
can we have a link to the question? We can roll it back. – Hugo Dozois Apr 5 '13 at 2:27
this:… – Charlie Apr 5 '13 at 2:31
@HugoDozois do you work at SO? if no, which user can 'roll it back'? with big reputation or what? thanks. – Charlie Apr 5 '13 at 2:34
I do think your edit is correct. It's written unexpected < but you removed 2 > (which were probably used for formatting and not causing the error.) But if you want I can roll it back – Hugo Dozois Apr 5 '13 at 2:34
At 2k rep you can do a rollback to a previous edit – Hugo Dozois Apr 5 '13 at 2:34
owh.. thanks, yes please roll it back if you dont mind. Thanks, many thanks. – Charlie Apr 5 '13 at 2:36
Well, after the rollback someone formatted the question again, then the OP added more code and the formatting was removed. So I formatted it again. But it may eventually get deleted. – bfavaretto Apr 5 '13 at 3:01

The only way to undo an edit is to either:

  1. Edit it again and undo your changes manually (make sure you explain what you're doing!)

  2. Ask someone else to do it for you. At 2000 reputation users can edit posts and rollback edits.

The best way to ask someone else is in chat. I don't recommend creating a meta question every time this happens.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .