The description of webview says
A NSView subclass that displays web pages under MacOS. For Android, please look at the android-webview tag. For iOS, look under uiwebview.
However, I noticed that most people use the webview tag for Android and (to a lesser degree) for iOS and iPhone.
- androidwebview 3632 questions
- ioswebview 220 questions
- iphonewebview 229 questions
- cocoawebview 303 questions
- osxwebview 153 questions
- webview and not android,cocoa,osx,ios or iphone 493 questions
How do we clean up this mess? The way I see it we have 3 options:
- We keep the current webview tag description and retag all Android questions to android-webview and all iOS and iPhone questions to uiwebview
- We change the description of webview tag and start using it only for Android. We retag all cocoa and osx questions to a newly created osx-webview
We adjust the webview tag description and allow both Android, Cocoa and OS X questions.
We deprecate the webview tag and only use specific tags. (Suggested by Mr. Disappointment)
Personally, I'm in favour of option 4 but I'm curious what you think.
UPDATE June 5th 2013: It seems that someone went for option 3 and updated the webview tag to a more general description.