The HTML emails I receive from Stackexchange notifying me about a new item in my inbox have some issues:
- the HTML is faulty. The W3c Validator also shows several errors, some of them trivial, some wrongly nested elements etc.
- The usage of tables as a design tool is (IMHO, and others) not really contemporary HTML, specially 3 nested ones (two of them have only one cell) for such a small content does not seem like the best way t do it.
- Android email clients cannot display them. I tried on several phones, and there is a extremely long scrolldown requested to see the content (more than 20 screens), I never managed to reach the actual text.
- Thunderbird/Firefox also displays it with a significant empty space on top of the text.
- Apart from using tables and other HTML issues, the major issue in the email is this here:
height: 100% !important;
Since this is originally a website for programmers and it fails to send out emails in correct HTML that also displays more or less the same (and is readable) across multiple platforms should not be an issue IMHO.