Is it not fascinating that everyone, me included, more easily gets interested in the questions that are non-programming related? They get more visitors, more answers, more up-votes and what-have-yous. What is the reason for all this?
- "Soft" questions are easier to answer; anybody can have an opinion, right?
- Other people's programming problems are generally not very interesting, or at least inter-homosapinal problems are less uninteresting.
- We’re all in it for the rep. We wanna be Jon Skeet.
- Generality strikes harder with man-kind. A person who know a fair deal about everything has higher status that one that knows everything about a fair deal (car sales people spring to mind).
- Most of us are total n00bs. That should be shot on sight.
If you’re about to say that I’m wrong, first have a look at the title of Mr. Skeet's top question. It supersedes the next-best question by 2000% more answers.