This question is an exact duplicate of:
The size of the close-votes queue is 55k questions. 2,331 review were made today, It is decreasing but it really need some speed as it may take few years to match other review queues.
I have some suggestions:
- Review queues only contains the post which have already two close votes (and asked in the last seven days, but older post should be considered with one vote), as one close vote can not always be correct (some users cast vote just because they do not get the post).
- Privileges to close the post directly should be at a level where more users can avail it. (Obviously at the level where community can trust them).
- Three votes of users with more than 5000 reputation points should be enough to close the post.
- A pre-filter apply to the review queue for the users on the basis of tags they are most active in (If I am active user of jQuery give me list of it, so I don't need skip).
- Increase the threshold to review the queue from 40 to 60 (or somewhat more suitable)
- Highlight the close link for more visibility so more users can cast close vote directly from a post.
- Anti-close votes like Leave Open should be on the post itself, gets visible if a close vote is cast, so a wrong misleading vote can be ignored directly from the post without being reviewed in a queue.
- One reputation point over 10 reviews (or 10 points over 100 review) will motivate more users to review.
Feedback and more suggestion are required for this issue from you friends.
Today 24th of October 2013 its count is approx 87K. It needs quick and serious attention.
In 10 days it raised to 90k