Please update/fix the markdown help page for the usage of comment @username
This markdown help page is the one linked to when you click on "advanced help" when entering a comment/question/answer.
I noticed from the #tag (#comment-reply) in one of the links & looking at the source that it actually contains help for this... it just doesn't appear on the page.
Additional detail I had already written all of the following before I looked at the source for the help page so I thought I'd just leave it in (in case it could do with updating):
It took me about 15 minutes to track down what it's called (it has no name) and how to use it, but I eventually came across these questions that were extremely helpful:
- http://meta.stackexchange.com/a/145035/225599 - this reply actually refers to the above-mentioned help page which doesn't actually contain help on it's usage
- How do comment @replies work?
What I found particularly useful were these comments (taken from those posts):
- You cannot refer to a user in his/her own post(question/answer) (because they will be notified anyway)
- You can refer only one user in a single post/comment
- If a comment thread contains a comment by a user whose name starts with a non-ASCII letter, then just typing @ will bring the tab completer up with that name