...but when you don't have enough user score to perform some of the functions here (like reviews, which requires a minimum score of 2K), every point is vital.
That sounds odd, you might want to rethink your view of SO. I don't say that reputation is not important, but you should for sure not claw for every single point. Sometimes your answer get's accepted, sometimes another, move on, keep writing good and awesome answers.
I answered this question at almost the exact same time as the other person.
Fastest Gun In The West Problem.
The problem is, after I answered it, the other person went back and added code to his answer.
Hey, people editing answers to make them better? Maybe based on other answers? That's awesome!
He basically hijacked my answer, and got the points for it.
Definition of "hijack" from Wiktionary:
- To forcibly stop and seize control of some vehicle in order to rob it or to reach a destination (especially an airplane, truck or a boat).
- To seize control of some process or resource to achieve a purpose other than its originally intended one.
- (computing) To seize control of a networked computer by means of infecting it with a worm or other malware, thereby turning it into a zombie.
- (computing) To change software settings without a user's knowledge so as to force that user to visit a certain web site (to hijack a browser).
- (politics) To introduce an amendment deleting the contents of a bill and inserting entirely new provisions.
I fail to see how anything from you is "hijacked"...sorry. I also fail to see anything past "inspiration" from your answer (means: it looks like LittleBobbyTables also did not copy anything from you, which would be okay, too, as long as it is attributed).
Is there some type of grievance system where you can submit this stuff for reviews?
Why would you like to submit this for review? The process of
- Posting answer
- Realizing answer could be better
- Editing answer to make it better
is very normal on SE. Even if that means you realize that your answer could be better from looking at other answers.
Despite that I understand where you're coming from, I have to tell you that there's absolutely nothing wrong with what we see here.