This question already has an answer here:
- Is the Critic badge awarded prematurely 9 answers
My sequence of steps:
- Downvoted an answer.
- Saw I lost one rep.
- Decided to undo my downvote.
- Got Critic Badge, and 1 downvote in my history
- Did not lose rep (got one rep back).
So I've technically cast a downvote, but I didn't lose rep from it since it was undone, and the downvote did not stay on the question. It was a while ago, but I think I undid it because I decided I wanted to make it to 50 rep sooner so I could start commenting.
Can someone confirm that:
- this a bug or a feature.
- this still happens.
- I'm not crazy and I don't have a downvote hiding somewhere?