On Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95, Mac OSX 10.7.5, I click on 'Unanswered Questions' and two-finger scroll to browse the questions. Naturally, if the scrolling action causes a tag to slide up under the mouse, a popup will appear. This happens often enough to be annoying, so now I'm in the habit of moving my mouse off to the left of the questions to prevent popups. Even then, at random times, a tag popup will appear anyway.
Edit: Here's a video. Watch for a flicker at about 42s, and the big payoff at 52s. Notice at the beginning that I move the mouse way over to the left.
Here's a screen shot, but Mac screen shots don't include the mouse(!), so the video is more useful. Has anyone else seen this?
Edit: I also notice lately that while doing all this, the subject links for the questions sometimes go active (with an underline) as though I had hovered the mouse over them. This happens independently from the popups. Not sure whether this is new behavior or I simply just started to notice it.
Edit: Also, some details about my usage that might be relevant:
- I click on 'Unanswered' and 'newest'
- I scroll through the questions
- When I see an interesting one, I cmd+click on it to open the link in a new tab
- I use option+cmd+rightcursor to move to the new window.
- When I'm done with that question, I use cmd+w to close that window, which returns me to the page of unanswered questions.
- Repeat from step 2
I haven't noticed yet whether the popups and underlining occur only after I do the above steps.