Update 2/26: There was an issue with the three states the application had, where state #2 was never actually used correctly. This has now been fixed, and the Android application
now follows the same rules as the website and the iOS application.
This is really confusing and we've talked about it a lot internally.
The app currently has three states, same as the websites. Here are what they are for the app:
- No answers: Gray answer count, gray answer icon, no background on answer/votes (left side)
- At least one answer: Green answer count, green answer icon, no background on answer/votes (left side)
- Accepted answer: Green answer count, green answer icon, green background color on left side of row.
This matches the websites three states. Using Stack Overflow as the example:
- No answer: no special indication
- At least one answer: Green background box around answer count.
- Accepted answer: Green background box, green text.
Personally, I'd prefer to have the app only have green icon and text if there's an accepted answer (alongside the green background) else even if there are no answers or at least one (but unaccepted) answer it's simply show them in gray. Let me know if you have any suggestions for a less confusing way to deal with it instead.