In discussions here on MSO, and through my own anecdotal observation, it is clear that different tags on questions
- attract more or less interest in the question (based on views)
- higher or lower scores for the question
So, I thought I'd graph it out. Description:
- x-axis: the average score the question received (up votes + down votes = score) for the tag
- y-axis: the average number of views for the question for the tag
- z-axis (bubble size): average score / average views ("vote per view")
My two quick observations?
scalais the most effective vote per view tag
scalatag questions have the lowest average views
subjectiveis best at attracting both views and votes, and places second in the vote-per-view efficiency
asp.netis the least effective vote per view tag
Comments? Questions? Want another tag listed? Want the z-axis to represent something else? Want a magic pony to send you an MSO sticker?