This question already has an answer here:
I have been reviewing close voted questions for a while now. And I am not feeling encouraged to close questions since the numbers are just growing. I feel really responsible for allowing SO to have so many badly formatted questions to be around. May I request that we review our close vote policy to make the following changes
- Should need about 2-3 votes utmost to decide if a question is closed
- If someone with a reputation / minimum gold badges closes a question, it should not need more than one more person to vote to close.
Overall, that would help bring down that 84.1k questions down.
More over, the number of clicks it takes to close a question is too much, 4 now (worst case). I suggest making this a 2 click process. At least until we can get some control on that huge 84.1k questions.
Edit : OR lets just start a campaign to close and bring that huge number down. In short it annoys me to see such a huge number of questions under review :).
Edit 30th Jan 2014 : The number of questions have increased dramatically, there by reducing the quality of our system. I urge the moderators to make closing of questions easier. Today, frankly, the correct reasons are not chosen since its easier to say "Unclear what you are asking", in one click. Its really painful to close. The number of votes needed is REALLY high. I suggest that we systematically make changes.
- Blanket close all questions that have 4 votes
- No reopening of questions, a bad question has under gone 4 mins of review, is bad enough
- Prioritize 3 votes for all reviewers (line them up earlier)
- Once we have lesser than 5% questions with 4 votes, reduce the votes needed to 3 votes
- At this time prioritize 2 vote questions for reviewers.
My point is, it used to be hard to get into SO. Now its easy, and easy to get away, we have 112k questions for review. And I have stopped reviewing, its just too painful.
Edit 1st Feb 2014 : Close votes increase 1k every day 112.6k now. Wake up, SO is the only community that is high quality, lets keep it that day. WAKE UP!!