Do the Stack Exchange sites have ways to filter farming of upvotes/marking as correct answers for questions they themselves posted?
- Person A created 4 accounts. Account A, Account B, C and D. Let's say Account B is his real account (the one he wants most points for)
- Person A uses account A to ask a question he already knows the answer
- Person A logs off Account A, and logs in to Account B to answer
- Person A logs out of Account B, logs in to account A and marks his answer correct plus upvotes this answer as well.
- And the cycle renews as well with Accounts C and D
How does Stack Exchange detect and flag this kind of person? Through public IP? What if the person was sneaky, and uses his/her units at home/office?
Would really be helpful for future reference in other web-based projects that have upvoting.