Where can I go to purchase a mug or some other pretentious geeky SO swag to support/promote this fine, fine community?
If there is no SO shop can I get my own at CafePress?
This has now turned into an impromptu contest on an otherwise idle Thursday:
I have exactly 3 coffee cups that are just sort of hanging around and, err, cluttering up the place. If folks were to write a coffee haiku as answers to this question that somehow mentioned 'overflowing' - I might be inclined to send them out to the top three voted1 entries as of 16:00 UTC this Friday the 22nd. What the heck, it's close enough to December. One entry per person, void if management shuts this down.
1As determined by the net count of up-votes per post
The Prize (thanks to Andrew Barber)
Grand Prize Winners (4):
These poets will receive a Stack Overflow mug, Stack Overflow T-shirt, and a small collection of stickers
- fredley Entry net up-vote count of 34
- Tim Stone Entry net up-vote count of 23
- Geobits and Travis J Entry net up-vote counts of 14 and 14 respectively
These users will receive a small collection of stickers and a Stack Overflow T-shirt. They received the only two distinct scores after the third place tie.
Honorable Mention (1)
- dshorter (who asked this question) will receive the mug that he asked for in the first place. Sorry about hijacking your question and turning it into a bizarre haiku contest. Well, no, I'm not really sorry.
Because when you spill awesomesauce on a contest like this you deserve a mug and a title!
- couchand Entry net up-vote count of 49 wins the same grand prize as the community winners, along with the official title of Haiku Boss for the highest score in the contest!
Thank you to everyone that participated and made this fun! I'll be in touch with you shortly to get the needed details, and will ship the prizes to the winners by the end of next week.
If you didn't win, don't despair - the holidays are coming quickly, and you might have a few more opportunities!
A note on scoring: The total amount of up-votes is what was considered. If you received 20 up votes and 10 down votes, you got a score of 20.