Autologin prevents me from logging into some SE sites. Here is what is happening:
- visit http://superuser.com/; the top line says
Stack Exchange ... sign up ... log in(i.e., I am not logged in despite being logged in to meta, SO and a few others)
- click on either
log in: I am taken to the
loginpage where I can select between Google, SE &c
- Immediately (within 1 sec) the "welcome back" banner appears
- Immediately (within 1 sec) I am taken back to http://superuser.com/ - but I am not logged in (the top line is the same as before, I cannot ask and answer questions).
- neither reloading, nor clicking on
login with Googlebefore the "welcome back" banner appears helps - I just cannot login.
Additionally, the same is happening on, e.g., http://askubuntu.com/, http://superuser.com/, http://mathoverflow.net/, http://serverfault.com/ now - however, I did manage to create a new account on another SE site (so, I guess, there is no limit on the number of SE sites I can be logged into simultaneously).
- I am using Firefox 25 (just updated to 26 - same behavior) on MacOSX 10.9.1; reproduced with add-ons disabled
- I use a Google account to log in to SE.
With Safari 7.0.1 and Chrome 31, I have to manually click on
log in and then on
log in with Google, but, so far, I never failed to get logged on - yet. I.e., auto-login does not work, but at least I can login manually.