Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

This question already has an answer here:

I've been going thru the formatting help, but I cannot find how to make those cool CTRL and ALT and SHIFT signs, the ones like here

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Yannis, Josh Caswell, Adam Lear Feb 27 '14 at 19:31

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

I am sorry if this is a duplicate, also, it is the first time I ever heard the word glyph . Sounds like a character from LOTR – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:26
I don't know what your native language is, but it's the same glyph that's embedded in heiroglyphics. – Joshua Taylor Feb 27 '14 at 19:46
Thank you, I already googled that. For those of you still wondering what it means: A glyph /ˈɡlɪf/ is an element of writing: An individual mark on a written medium that contributes to the meaning of what is written. – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:48
up vote 4 down vote accepted

Originally answered here: Keyboard Glyphs, you can use the <kbd> HTML tags.


Makes: CTRL

You cannot use keyboard glyphs in comments. Can I place <kbd></kbd> in a comment?

share|improve this answer
testing if they work in comments <kbd>CTRL</kbd> and <kbd>ALT</kbd> – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:24
any ideas here? How to do the same in comments? I have seen this done. – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:24
Ok, mistaken with last comment. Can't be done. – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:28

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .