The main use-case for the "Unanswered" tab is to find questions that have no good answer to try answering them.
The problem is that the list has many questions you can't provide useful feedback on:
- The question is poor and needs further clarification.
- Possible solution: The questions you downvoted could be hidden from your "unanswered" tab
- The question already has an answer that you or another person provided, but it didn't reach the arbitrary upvotes limit used to hide the question from the "unanswered" list.
- Possible solution: The questions you answered or with answers you upvoted (even if its score is 0=+1-1) could be removed from your "unanswered" list.
- You just don't know the answer to a question (and either interested in knowing it or not interested at all).
- Possible solution: Either let me hide the question or make a question I upvote/favorite disappear from the "unanswered" list.
Any other ideas for getting the "unanswered" list more manageable? I'm mainly thinking about the "my tags" use-case.
[edited, the original question was not well-thought-out and was more like a dupe of The Ability to Hide Questions. Thanks to the commenters who helped me realize this]