From the careers.stackoverflow.com FAQ (How Does It Work? section):
[...] Once they’re interested, you will get an email indicating their interest. [...]
A couple of questions:
- How exactly does this process of "indicating interest" work?
- Do I get an email from careers.stackoverflow.com or directly from the employer?
- What information about the employer will be provided at the time the "interest is indicated"?
- What are the candidates options to reply to an employer showing interest?
Follow-up questions from the comments:
- "Directly connected with the employer via email" means they get my provided email address and I get theirs?
- So the initial contact is from careers.stackoverflow.com? What email address is used?