I had an answer to a question on SO that just went past the threshold for a badge based on an answer being accepted (in this case a 'guru'). The answer was accepted some time ago, and the asker appears to have subsequently closed their account. The badge doesn't appear to have happened.
The question is (a): is this a bug caused by the original asker's account being closed, (b) functioning as designed or (c) something else?
Edit For specifics:
The answers to the questions that are accepted with 40 upvotes are:
- Best language for safety-critical software
- Python: Random is barely random at all?
- Application (Not a Markup Language) for Producing a User Manual
- Why use Ruby instead of Smalltalk?
- What do ‘real’, ‘user’ and ‘sys’ mean in the output of time(1)?
... With 4 'guru' badges on the account. As far as I am aware none of the questions have been closed and migrated anywhere else.
On serverfault I have one accepted answer with 40 upvotes and a single 'guru' badge on the account:
This question was originally asked on SF and hasn't been migrated, so I don't think the problem is one of migrating questions between sites.