Over the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing the same problem as described in Keep getting logged out of StackOverflow today. As you can see from the screenshot of my openid activity I have to log in every so often. More frustrating is the fact that it seems to happen just as I am answering a question or voting on something, of course I do know that it is pure coincidence! :)
I run the latest Chrome development version, currently 5.0.375.3, and have experienced this through the last couple of versions (probably about 3 or 4 versions now) but it started on the same day as that previous question was asked. I do know that Chrome dev is not officially supported here, but seeing as how this issue is identical (in every way, except the fixed part) to the previously completed bug I wonder if they are related.
In reference to the OpenID Troubleshooting Tips:
- At home yes, at work no. Another user on the same network and build of Chrome doesn't seem to have the issue.
- Yes, I've completely cleared my cookies, cache, saved passwords, etc.
- Yes, I can stay logged in through IE.
- Yes, they don't seem to have an issue. Though I do it mostly for commenting.
- No, I confirmed that my profile information is valid.
- It can be, but that's when I get the "No endpoint found" so this is a non-issue.
- No, the initial site is in the clear and then gets redirected to MyOpenID.
Also of note: I set up the alternate provider (my parimary provider is my own site that directs to MyOpenID and my alternate is MyOpenID directly) as Google and the issue still happened.
I am looking for confirmation that there is a bug here on SOFU or if I need to file a bug with Chrome. I currently use my same openid url for the SOFU sites as well as a couple others and I only experience the problem here. I know of other users using the same Chrome version without this issue (which worries me that it was something I did, but I cannot figure out what...). I do experience this on both my work machine and home so I do not think it is cache related.