Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

When an unregistered user comes to any trilogy or StackExchange-based site there's an orange bar extending from the top of the page saying "First time here?" The same bar is used for various notifications.

How is this user interface element called?

share|improve this question
If you mean the actual name of the item, there's a discussion for coming up with a proper name. – Grace Note Jun 2 '10 at 10:09
up vote 2 down vote accepted

You can check this implimentation out.

share|improve this answer
Hmmm... "notification bar" sounds quite generic and can be applied to just anything. I'm really surprised there's no ready name yet. – sharptooth Jun 2 '10 at 10:29
It's new and exciting. – Ólafur Waage Jun 2 '10 at 10:58

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .