- How do you mark a question as a favorite?
- Do users get updates on their favorite questions?
- How do you see your own favorite questions?
- How do you see other users' favorite questions?
- How do you see which users have marked a particular question as a favorite?
- What impact does the favorite system have on the voting system?
- Can I "un-favorite" a question?
A question is marked as a favorite by clicking the star beneath the vote counter.
A number beneath the star shows the number of users who have favorited a specific question. Marking a question as a favorite basically says that a particular user feels like watching that question. It's completely separate from the voting system and has no impact. However, having a question marked as a favorite by enough users does make you eligible to earn certain badges.
Marking a question as a favorite provides 2 general benefits to you.
There is no limit to the number of favorites you pick. Furthermore, you can retract a favorite at any time by just clicking on the star. There is no limit to the number of times you can retract or reinstate a question as your favorite.
You can see the favorites of other users, but there is no way to see which users have favorited a specific question without just hunting through everybody's profiles.