Something weird just happened, I awarded myself the bounty for Create a tag homepage/FAQ
And now my wonderful 50 point bounty is totally gone, nowhere to see
My expected behavio[u]r was:
- I started a bounty for a question that is not mine
- I happened to answer this question
- Award bounty button should not appear on my answers
There are 2 scenarios I can think of where chucking a bounty in the bin could happen:
- You want to stop the system from self-awarding a bounty to a new answer with 2 or more upvotes.
- You want to quickly move on to setting another bounty and do not want to wait 7 days.
I find neither super compelling.
Anyway what I consider a bug is that I performed an action on an item that resulted in information disappearing.
- You can not tell I chose my answer as a bounty.
- And as far as I can tell you can not tell I set a bounty.
A more accurate way of implementing this feature would be a discard bounty button where the start bounty is now. It would be less mysterious. Ofcourse once your bounty is set the rep is spent, I'm not suggesting changing that.