What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 133 Stack Exchange communities.

Microsoft has just revealed “Visual Studio Lightswitch”, what tag should we use for it, I think it should be visual-studio-lightswitch.

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

Considering [visual-studio-lightswitch] is just at 25 characters and thus usable, it seems like a perfect tag - you'll get it in your autocomplete whether you start with "visual studio" or "lightswitch".

It might be wise to add a synonym coming from [lightswitch], provided we don't have anything else that could be tagged as such. [vs-lightswitch] might also be an option.

share|improve this answer
I have added some synonyms, please upvote them on the tag page if you like them. see stackoverflow.com/questions/… –  Ian Ringrose Aug 5 '10 at 13:37
@Ian Ahahaha, I can't vote on those. Maybe I should start pushing for 2k on Stack Overflow at some point... –  Grace Note Aug 5 '10 at 13:43
Not worth the effort. –  Ladybug Killer Aug 5 '10 at 13:46
@Lady Probably not. I'll just suffice to slowly trickle up over time. –  Grace Note Aug 5 '10 at 13:52

"What Grace Note said"

Edit: Grace Note: Arrgh.. you beat me... I shouldn't be doing other stuff in between answering questions :P

share|improve this answer
How did I beat you? We have opposing viewpoints so it isn't as if my earlier timestamp matters. –  Grace Note Aug 5 '10 at 13:22
Well, by suggesting the two tags in your second paragraph... I do have to say I like your synonym idea even better –  Rickjaah Aug 5 '10 at 13:23

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .