The site descriptions at http://stackexchange.com/sites are inconsistent. According to the list:
- SO is for programmers
- SU for computer enthusiasts
- SF for administrators
- Webmasters for pro webmasters
- Ubuntu for Ubuntu users and developers
- Gaming for passionate videogamers...
- Electronic Gadgets is for electronic gadgets!
This prevents myself and other human beings from participating, which is reflected in the low number of users (only 768 after more than 3 weeks in beta).
The same is true for several other sites on the list. Mathematics is for mathematics, Cooking is for food, and so on. It could be argued that I am food, but I am certainly not a mathematic!
Please normalize the descriptions, consistently allowing human participation in all of the sites. In fact, why do the descriptions at http://stackexchange.com/sites differ from the ones at http://area51.stackexchange.com/ to begin with?