Not Programming Related (besides having a misleading name that will only confuse people that aren't familiar with stack overflow) is for:
expert programmers interested in discussions that are only indirectly related to programming
All the most voted on-topic questions are subjective:
- My supervisor thinks that all
Ifstatements should include
elsestatements. Do you agree?
- Tabs vs. Spaces: What is the one proper indentation character for everything, in every situation, ever?
- What are common mistakes in Software Development?
- What is your favorite programming joke?
- What’s your favorite “programmer” cartoon?
All the most voted off-topic questions are not subjective.
This is exactly contrary to what the area51 FAQ suggests:
Ask questions that can be answered. Avoid asking question that are subjective, argumentative, or require extended discussion. Stack Exchange does not work well with questions like "Which is the best..."
Since Jeff Atwood himself committed, I assume it's allowed, at least in this case (and I'm happy; sounds like an interesting website). But is this an "exception" to the rule, or are websites dedicated to subjective questions indeed allowed?