I thought about a complementary voting system that could be put in place based on the challenge factor of a question.
- It could allow users passing by to at least give their opinion on the difficulty of the question by voting for how challenging the question is.
- A user would be denied the possibility to vote for his/her own question just like reputation.
- At the same time, this could be an opportunity to make it possible to give a bigger reward to the person who has the right answer.
- There could be a certain minimum amount of votes needed in order for the reward to be granted.
- I believe it would be best that there be a minimum of 0 for the "challenge factor".
- There could be clearly defined rules for voting such as to not vote based on a user's ability to ask a question. After all, the site as members all over the world so it makes sense. There are also some moderators or high-rep users that can help with that too by editing the question.
- It would make it possible to sort the questions based on the challenge level.
Would this be a good idea or rather superfluous and redundant to have a complementary voting system?
**Please note that this is not to replace the current voting system. It would be a second voting system.