I've been keeping this to myself for a little too long... its a fairly long user script that attempts to fix some of the UI bugs on Stack Overflow, as well as a few minor enhancements. Enhancements are of course always subjective, so if you dislike any of them, simply rip them out from the code. It is well commented, and split into many sub-sections, and should be easy enough to work with if you want.
One word of advice before using this style: Although most enhancements are minor the style does decreases global font size. This is partly because when developing the style I did not notice I was using an unsupported font size, and so has to do this in order to not break this for the other 99% of SO users.
Here's a partial list of bug fixes/feature request from Meta:
- Move the remove tag “X” icon inside the tag in interesting/ignored tags
- Bug in Tag-Stat Rendering
- In question lists, some of the question body previews wrap strangely
- Two columns for latest tag on homepage, with minor squeezing needed for the occasional long tag (Does not work very well on Chrome so far)
- Made badges smaller, removed sponsored tag logos
- Shifted vote boxes on homepage inwards to add some padding for interesting question highlighting
- Moved Featured Question bounty to the right
- Added border to interested question's vote box to improve contrast between grey vote count and yellow background
- Adjusted answer editor width to match that of elements above it
- 10k tools links now uses the entire list item as hit area for link
- Fixed up some
You can install and see the code here:
Now I just need you folks to give it a spin and drop some comments. :)