By the way I looked at Col. Sharpnel's recent activity and I find it very troublesome. This user is exceptionally rude; I actually remember running into him before on SO and arguing with him, at the time I shrugged it off but apparently he is very confrontational and had arguments with virtually everyone.
A few examples, all of them no older than 2 days ago:
- @Pekka i see no point in your argues. Downvote my answer and leave me alone. Unlike you I am reading not only statement use PHP's EOF string but also reasoning without the hassle of having to escape quotes. And Plain HTML is even better because it lets you format HTML content without the hassle of heredoc either. Large blocks of HTML are always better as HTML, not PHP code. If you don't see it its up to you
- In this code - no, nothing happen. Why don't you explain what you think will happen? I don't need your "thank you" nor asking for it. But I can correct my code for that case. Why don't you want to learn something useful?
- this code is awfully redundant. actually only first query is enough
- No, this field is useless. Get rid of it if you have it already
- Man, your GetSQLValueString function is wrong.
- @Artefacto magic methods are not the same. And there is not a single profiling report.
- sorry bro, it's you interested in such a crap, not me.
- shit they upvote Amber for the same answer.
While none of these comments is by itself particularly bad, what worries me is that for this user they are the norm. I've reviewed some of his old answers as well, and the same pattern emerges.
Again, this is nothing I haven't done myself on occasion, the problem is that he's like this all the time. I think this user should be monitored and coached very closely by a moderator, to avoid driving users away.
EDIT: after a month I wanted to take another look to see if his behavior improved, looks like it didn't:
- Lol. Thank you for your question. A perfect example for ones who are eager to tell a noob how to store serialized data.
- @Matthew what it was printed is another question. You should ask "How to perform a manual download" instead of this silly syntax question.
- Sorry, I can't stand that awful code. Edited it
- @Kenny It seems you don't if you got this error. That's real value of your database basics knowledge. Which you'd better to learn instead of doing such silly mistakes like storing serialized data in the database.