I recently posted a question on SO and within minutes it was slammed shut offensively without any help as to how I could make it better. Furthermore, it got saddled with the 'subjective' tag, when if you read the whole description instead of just the question, it really wasn't subjective. What did I do wrong, and what can I do to not repeat this? link
Edit: Pointers from TheTXI on the best way to ask a question:
- Make sure it isn't a duplicate
- Make sure the question you are asking has a potential "correct" answer
- Make your question clear and provide enough information for it to be possible for someone to actually help you
- Make sure it is programming (stackoverflow), sysadmin (serverfault), and computer (superuser) related.
- Make sure the title of the question is not subjective.