Can I ask this on SO? Is it specific enough? If not, suggestions for what would help?
What are my best options for a Cloud Platform for a site with these parameters? Why?
- Rapid and flexible development is a high priority. Therefore we could trade operational dollars for reduced development expense (within reason).
- Up to 2000 world wide member users. These users would upload short videos (~10MB) and other data at least a couple times a day.
- About 5 main pages that are member accessible which serve mostly Flash content.
- Up to 100,000 worldwide Facebook fans, accessing the site and viewing a few short videos daily. 10% of this access will probably be from mobile devices.
- Primary database tables for “Members” (2000 entries), “Tasks” (3000 entries), and “Uploads” (100000 entries)
- Only moderate security demands: (No financial transactions, Facebook or OpenID login, low profile target for bot or DDOS threats.)